subversion-users mailing list archives

From <michael_rytt...@agilent.com>
Subject RE: Problems compiling 1.7.0 on redhat el4 64bit
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:52:00 GMT
I am attaching a stack trace with symbols enabled.

I'm using gcc.  The default in the makefile.

I am using the apr that you get from the get-deps.sh script. APR_HAS_THREADS is defined.

If I disable optimizations by doing "make CFLAGS=-O0" the program no longer crashes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Martin [mailto:philip.martin@wandisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 3:34 PM
To: Mark Phippard
Cc: RYTTING,MICHAEL (A-ColSprings,ex1); Subversion Development; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems compiling 1.7.0 on redhat el4 64bit

Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM, <michael_rytting@agilent.com> wrote:
>
>> ** **
>>
>> Ok, I’ve tracked down which revision caused the problem.  It happened
>> in rev 1104160.  Stefan2 made a change to utf.c to speed up UTF8 conversion.
>> Ever since this change went in I am seeing subversion crash when I
>> compile on 64bit el4.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Just for kicks and giggles I updated to the HEAD revision of
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk.  Did a reverse
>> merge on rev 1104160, cleaned up the conflicts and built it and
>> viola!  No more crashing when built on 64bit el4.
>>

> Thanks.  Moving the thread to dev@
>
> Can someone look at this and possibly fix it?
>
> If you are not on users@, and to summarize this thread.  SVN builds
> fine on RHEL 4 64-bit but crashes immediately on any command, even svn
> help.  I saw the same problem with our builds.

It could be a compiler/optimiser bug.  Which compiler are you using?
Can you provide a stack trace of the crash (with debug symbols please)?
Does the crash go away if you compile utf.c without optimisation?  Which version of APR are
you using?  Is APR_HAS_THREADS defined in apr.h?

--
uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
http://www.uberSVN.com