subversion-users mailing list archives

From Cory Riddell <c...@codeware.com>
Subject Re: AW: Does Subversion get slower over time?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:02:52 GMT
Markus,

On 9/26/2011 1:45 AM, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Just a suggestion: Set up a second repository just aside your primary
> one, and put the 3rd party stuff there. You can then use svn:externals
> to include the libraries in your regular project trees.

Using externals seems to be the way to go. Last night I moved our
repository from C:\SvnRepo to C:\CompanyName\SvnRepo and had everybody
do a relocate this morning. That seems to have gone fine. Step 2 is
adding more repositories under C:\CompanyName that will be referenced
via externals.

Thanks for the advice.

Cory