subversion-users mailing list archives

From Jö Fahlke <jor...@jorrit.de>
Subject Re: Creating commits with empty changesets
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:47:43 GMT
Am Tue,  8. Nov 2011, 12:53:47 +0200 schrieb Daniel Shahaf:
> How does git-svn deal with a revision that contains only no-op text
> mods and no prop mods (such as the one you created in your
> COPYING's history)?

You get a revision with no changes in file content compared to the previous
revision and it's own log message.

In fact, I tried to get a revision with empty changeset into the subversion
repository with git-svn[1].  But when committing my local changes to svn the
empty revision was omitted (and removed from the git HEAD as well).

Bye,
Jö.

[1] You can create such revisions with --allow-empty in git.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

If God had intended Man to Smoke, He would have set him on Fire.
-- fortune