subversion-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Mézard <pmez...@gmail.com>
Subject Readding a file now fails instead of warning in svn 1.7
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 17:51:07 GMT
Hello,

Assuming "a" is already tracked:

  $ svn add a
  svn: warning: W150002: 'a' is already under version control
  svn: E200009: Could not add all targets because some targets are already versioned
  svn: E200009: Illegal target for the requested operation
  $ echo $?
  1

It uses to be:

  $ svn add a
  svn: warning: 'a' is already under version control
  $ echo $?
  0

This breaks the hg to svn conversion part of mercurial convert extension, and danielsh suggested
on IRC that I report it (we have a fix on hg side but it makes things a bit more complicated).

FWIW, "hg add" behaves like svn < 1.7.

--
Patrick Mézard