subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Attmpting to Update Working Directory for a Project from V1.6.17 to V1.7.1 using SVN Upgrade working copy
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:51:12 GMT
"Cooke, Mark" <mark.cooke@siemens.com> writes:

> My reading of the OP was that someone had probably seleected a
> sub-folder for conversion and that may well have succeeded.  Seeing as
> you can take a 1.6 sub-folder and effectively make it a top-level
> folder, this makes sense to me?  Or does the upgrade code crawl
> upwards to see if folders above are versioned?

The upgrade code checks the parent folder.  If one were to bypass this
check, by moving the 1.6 subfolder out of the 1.6 working copy, then it
would be possible to upgrade the subfolder.  However such an upgraded
subfolder would be a complete 1.7 working copy.  Moving it back into the
1.6 working copy won't work as the upgraded subfolder is now an entirely
separate working copy.

--
Philip