subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Server because of Crash
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 03:53:20 GMT
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM, K F <cmkforce@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Our Subversion server crashed because of a disk fail. We are in the process of setting
up a new server to move the repos to. What is the consensus to do the restore from a backup?
Is it straight forward? What problems if any would there be for users using TortoiseSVN in
connecting to the new server?

Depends on how you do backups. If there is any significant chance that
your dead host has revisions that are not in your backup, you are in
danger of a "split-brain" scenario, and should change the UUID of the
restored copy and force people to reset their checkouts.