subversion-users mailing list archives

From d.guthm...@gmx.net
Subject Checkout slow without proxy
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:43:05 GMT
Hello,

we are using heavily "svn:externals" on our repositories.
A full checkout of a typical repository takes 20 Minutes. If I configure a HTTP-Proxy in my
subversion-client it takes only 13 Minutes...

We are accessing our repository over an apache via https - due to the https-Connection no
cache-hits should occour.
How is it possible that a connection over a additional station is faster than a direct connection?

I see also connections in "FIN_WAIT2"-State on the Server - can they slow down the checkout
of the next external?

We are using Subversion 1.5.1 on Apache 2.2 on the server-side (the Subversion-Server is not
public availabe).
I've tested with a Subversion-Client 1.7.1.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds.
Dieter