subversion-users mailing list archives

From Brent Webster <bwebs...@belairnetworks.com>
Subject Can relocate from a svnserve based server that was 'svn sync' to a new http based server
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 03:08:21 GMT
I have numerous large svn repositories accessible by svnserve on an older linux server that
I'm moving to a new VMWare VM server using http authentication.  I'm using svnsync to transfer
the older "svn://" repositories to the new "http://" repositories.  The problem that I'm having
is trying to "relocate" the existing checked out "svn://" based working copy and point it
to the new "http://" repository.  An example existing WC:
svn@svna: svn info
Repository Root: svn://svnrepo/BelAir/admin
Repository UUID: ad8b7147-7818-0410-a3fb-ed15fa4e4e0d
Revision: 256
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: bwebster
Last Changed Rev: 256
Last Changed Date: 2012-01-30 16:38:51 -0500 (Mon, 30 Jan 2012)

I've tried numerous command syntax combinations like
svn relocate http://svnrepo2:18080/svn/admin/main/svnserver/bin svn://svnrepo/BelAir/admin/main/svnserver/bin
svn relocate svn://svnrepo/BelAir/admin/main/svnserver/bin http://svnrepo2:18080/svn/admin/main/svnserver/bin
svn relocate http://svnrepo2:18080/svn/admin/main/svnserver/bin .

This is the type of error message:
svn@svna: svn relocate http://svnrepo2:18080/svn/admin/main/svnserver/bin .
svn: E195009: The repository at 'http://svnrepo2:18080/svn/admin/main/svnserver/bin' has uuid
'65d03f8f-4f6b-4b7c-8505-7ddab04e9aed', but the WC has 'ad8b7147-7818-0410-a3fb-ed15fa4e4e0d'

What am I doing wrong (i.e. hopefully I'm doing something wrong).

Thanks Brent

This email, including any attachments, may contain confidential information, privileged material
(including material protected by solicitor-client and/or other applicable privileges) or constitute
non-public information under securities law(s). Any exploitation of the information contained
in this email (including any attachments) by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please reply to the sender and delete this information
from your system as soon as reasonably practicable. Use, dissemination, distribution, reproduction,
publication or any other exploitation of this email by unintended recipients is not authorized
and may be unlawful.