subversion-users mailing list archives

From Michael Diers <mdi...@elegosoft.com>
Subject Re: Setting up domain and work-group-Pl help
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:04:13 GMT
On 2012-01-10 17:40, chandrakanth alahari wrote:
> Hello,
> I am desperately looking for the answer.
> My company has Domain group and the repository should be made accessible
> to domain users.
[...]

Chandu,

are you going to host the repositories on Windows? If so, please have a
look at VisualSVN Server. The product can handle authentication and
authorization using domain group information, and it should be very easy
to set up for someone familiar with the Windows platform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VisualSVN#VisualSVN_Server

> Note: No repository would be accessed using weblinks.
> I am pure windows developer.
[...]

I'm not sure what you mean here. Subversion provides a number of access
methods, and choosing http(s) is quite common.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2140954/which-protocol-svn-or-https

--
Michael Diers, elego Software Solutions GmbH, http://www.elego.de