subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Setting up domain and work-group-Pl help
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:34:35 GMT

I am a pure windoze developer too but still decided to use apache on windows server to host
subversion.  It was not too difficult to setup (even though I had no experience of apache
before), the hardest bit was getting to grips with LDAP so I could use mod_ldap for authentication
against our Active Directory forest...  VisualSVN does it all for you but I wanted to learn
and understand.

Don't give up, try it out and learn new stuff!  Make sure you read the subversion book at
red-bean and the TortoiseSVN help file which is also very good.

~ mark c