subversion-users mailing list archives

From D D <ddw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'svnadmin verify' failed after hotcopy with 'svnadmin: E160004: Revision file (r2255) lacks trailing newline'
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:51:06 GMT
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you run svnadmin verify against the *actual* repository?

Yes. No problem detected.

> If you make a new hotcopy of the repository, is that corrupted as well?

No. I've only got a corrupted hot copy once in the last two weeks (backups
are daily).
Before that the repository was hosted on another WinXP system with
an earlier version of the Subversion server. I only added the call to
verify
the hot copy to the backup script recently so I do not know if the problem
ever occurred with the repository on the other system.

I'd be interested to know if svnadmin employs some memory buffer to
hot-copy.
The offsets where data corruption starts look like multiples of 0x1000
which is 4K.
The NTFS cluster size on the disk is exactly 4K.
If svnadmin just calls the OS to copy each file the problem should either
be in the OS
or the disk.