subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andy Levy <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with svn pre-commit hook needed
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:43:37 GMT
Please quote context in your replies so people know what you're talking about.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:31, Amitakhya Phukan
<aphukan@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Not sure if that's a typo or not, but you skipped from branch4 to branch6.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be better to do a pattern match here so that you don't
>> have to explicitly list every branch number?
>

> Can you give me an example please ? I am writing these scripts for the first
> time. An example would be good.

This isn't unique to svn hooks, this is just shell scripting & grep.

My grep is rusty but try this:

grep "branch[0-9]+/"

This should match any string with branch, followed by one or more
numbers, followed by a slash.