subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Reed, David" <DR...@CMAL.com>
Subject RE: Update fails to delete a line of code
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 20:11:21 GMT
Thank you, very much, for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Mikesell [mailto:lesmikesell@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:10 PM
To: Reed, David
Cc: Andy Levy; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update fails to delete a line of code

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Reed, David <DReed@cmal.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't answer that.  I did it last week, and this was my first chance
to ask about it on the list.  Being under pressure to make it work, I ended up bypassing TortoiseSVN
to force through my change, and so no longer have good forensic evidence.

> I thought perhaps there was a known issue that someone on the list would be familiar
with.

> If it happens again, I'll try to document it better.  My sincere apologies!

For a really quick fix, I would have renamed the old file or moved it
out of the directory and done the update again.  That would ensure a
new copy that exactly matched the repository version.  But, the only
reason you shouldn't have gotten that in the first place would have
been uncommitted local modifications that conflicted.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com