subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@elego.de>
Subject Re: 'svn cleanup' ignores externals
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 19:39:44 GMT
Kuno Meyer wrote on Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 16:51:29 +0200:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote on Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:48:45 +0300:
> > Kuno Meyer wrote on Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:31:33 +0000:
> > > Is it by design that 'svn cleanup' ignores externals and that there is
> > no way to
> > > include them?
> > >

> > You should be able to include them by naming them explicitly:
> >
> > % svn cleanup path/to/external/dir
>
> Thanks. This is what I did.
>
> However, since I am not the one who set up the "externals" layout of our source code
repository, it took me some time to understand the way a working copy containing external
references is organized.

> And then again, I realized that my custom update and rebuild script fails at garbage
collecting unreferenced pristines in sub-WCs included by "externals" defnitions. But that's
another story...

That's a good point actually, since presently 'svn cleanup' is required
to garbage-collect pristines, having it recurse to externals
automatically makes even more sense.

Has anyone filed a bug report about this yet?  If not I will..
(so it's not forgotten, etc)