subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: How to store new password so no need to enter every time?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 18:43:25 GMT
On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 11:05:54AM -0700, frame wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I am using Subversion 1.6.5. And I am using Gnome Red Hat Linux 5.8.
>
> Following your instructions, I have moved away this directory
> ".subversion/auth/svn.simple". Then I tried the svn command, "svn ls
> my_URL". Again, it asked for the password and I typed in and got the
> listing result. Re-tried the same command, again it asked for the password.

Did you change anything in ~/.subversion/config or ~/.subversion/servers
from the defaults?

Are there any files in the /etc/subversion/ directory?
If so, what do they contain?

What type of URL are you using to access the repository?
Are you using https:// or svn+ssh:// or something else?

If you're using svn+ssh authentication is managed by ssh, not Subversion.
In that case you need to set up an ssh-agent to avoid password prompts.
See http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ssh-agent&sektion=1