subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: 'svn incoming'
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 17:31:53 GMT
On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 08:08:13PM +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> Seems nice. Although I still personally feel that command line user
> interfaces need unification.

I've committed the change. Thanks for starting this discussion!

I understand the rationale behind trying to unify interfaces
and terminology between the various version control systems that
people use today. But I believe that a high degree of unification will
never become reality because the systems are conceptually very different.

The functionality under discussion is a feature provided by 'svn log'.
So I believe that Subversion users should simply get used to using
'svn log' for this purpose. I hope the little tweak I made to the help
text will make it easier for Mercurial users to find this feature.
Note that I used the word 'incoming' in the help text on purpose in
case someone searches for that term.