subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: svn resolve does not warn about invalid path
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 09:25:13 GMT
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:31:04PM -0300, Andrés More wrote:
> Hi, I was about to file a bug report, I would like to hear your opinion
> about svn resolve not complaining about wrong file names.
>
> Basically, when resolving a conflict, you can do svn resolve --accept
> working 'anything'
> without having a clue on that the file was not there.
>
> -- Andres
>
> $ svn resolve --accept working 'anything'; echo $?
> 0
>
> $ svn --version
> svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486)
>    compiled Sep 27 2011, 15:29:25

This is already fixed in 1.7:

$ svn resolve --accept mc foo
svn: warning: W155010: The node '/tmp/svn-sandbox/trunk/foo' was not found.
$

We do not fix bugs in 1.6 anymore that do not cause security or data
corruption problems. So while your report is valid, it is a bit late ;)

In the future, please try to reproduce a problem with the latest
recommended release before sending a report:
http://subversion.apache.org/download/#recommended-release
This is also mentioned here:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/issues.html#reporting-bugs

Thanks!