subversion-users mailing list archives

From frame <xs...@yahoo.com>
Subject During sparse checkout, what's the difference between "svn update --depth" and "svn update --set-depth"?
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 19:36:25 GMT
I am playing sparse checkout feature of subversion. It is working great. It
let me completely ignore the portion of the tree that unrelates to me.

I just have one thing unclear:
1)svn checkout https://xxxx/proj --depth empty
In my local area, I will have a directory created with name "proj", since I
didn't specify the destination name. The directory is completely empty.

2)cd into the proj directory, now is my confusion. I want the whole tree of
proj in my local area. I tried this:

svn update --depth infinity
//it does not bring anything into my local area

svn update --set-depth infinity
//yes, it worked

Reading "svn help update", I cannot figure out the difference.

Thank you very much.