subversion-users mailing list archives

From frame <xs...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to store new password so no need to enter every time?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 19:41:38 GMT
Great. Following your instruction, I have added the following line in my
.subversion/servers file:

store-plaintext-passwords = ask

I tried "svn ls https://xxx". After typing the password at the prompt, I
got these messages:

ATTENTION!  Your password for authentication realm:

   <https://xxxx> Subversion Server

can only be stored to disk unencrypted!  You are advised to configure
your system so that Subversion can store passwords encrypted, if
possible.  See the documentation for details.

You can avoid future appearances of this warning by setting the value
of the 'store-plaintext-passwords' option to either 'yes' or 'no' in
'home/.subversion/servers'.
Store password unencrypted (yes/no)? yes

I tried again the svn command and now I don't need to enter the password.
My problem is solved.

I saw the password is saved in the file within .subversion/auth/svn.simple
directory. Is that correct? How can I have it saved in encrypted format? Is
this can be achieved by my personal or the system admin group?

Thank you very much for all the help.