subversion-users mailing list archives

From Dave Huang <k...@azeotrope.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade to v1.7 = death of working copies
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 06:52:39 GMT
On 5/11/2012 1:45 AM, Julius Smith wrote:
>  My experience was different - I could not check into the 1.6 server
>  on Linux (with 1.6-format repo) from my 1.7-upgraded working copy
>  (with 1.7 svn client) on the Mac.

Well, as mentioned by Lorenz, you didn't actually give any specifics of
the problem, so there's not much anyone can do to help. But it's
supposed to work, and in fact, does work--the subversion server at my
place of work is still on 1.6.something, but all of the clients that
access it are 1.7.4.

>  That makes my point all the more forcefully.

If your point is that there should be compatibility between the
versions, you seem to have missed my point that there *is*
compatibility. 1.x servers are compatible with 1.x clients. Whatever
problem you had has nothing to do with version incompatibility. If you
were to show the commandline you used and the error that you got when
you tried to commit, you might be able to get some more help.