subversion-users mailing list archives

From 徐鸿 <iceh...@gmail.com>
Subject does svn support one 'Centralized Metadata Storage' across diffent working copies ?
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 14:06:24 GMT
Hi all

does svn1.7 support one 'Centralized Metadata Storage'  across
diffent working copies  ?
I have read the wc-ng design notes and found its talking about storing
metadata  according to the user's config, but I search a lot and found
nothing about it , is it an developing  feature ?

I am working at a huge project managed by svn and  usually keeping
diffent branches of code the same time, I think if I can use one
metadata it will save a lot of disk space, is it ture ?

any reply is appreciate, thanks

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/notes/wc-ng/design
   According to the user's config, the metadata will be placed in one of
three areas:

  wcroot: at the root of the working copy in a .svn subdirectory
  home: in the .subversion/wc/ subdirectory
  /some/path: stored in the given path