subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Herges <david.her...@googlemail.com>
Subject Working Copy on SMB/CIFS mounted network shares on [OS X Lion, Subversion 1.7.x]
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 08:31:59 GMT
Hello,

I can 9-out-of-10 replicate this behaviour when doing the following:

1.) Mount a (windows-hosted) network share as SMB/CIFS on my OS X Lion
2.) Check out a working copy on the mounted share

If there is sufficient amount of data in the repo, the checkout will fail at some (random?)
stage with an error message like this:

  The SQLite db is busy
svn: database is locked, executing statement 'RELEASE   s893'

Though the 's###' may differ, this happens with subversion clients >= 1.7.x, both 'native'
clients (built from MacPorts), and SVNKit implementations using Eclipse. It does not happen
with subversion clients <= 1.6.x.

Detailed system information is attached.

Regards,
David Herges

System Software Overview:

  System Version:	Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
  Kernel Version:	Darwin 11.4.0
  Boot Volume:	Macintosh HD
  Boot Mode:	Normal
  Secure Virtual Memory:	Enabled
  64-bit Kernel and Extensions:	Yes
  Time since boot:	17 minutes

svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709)
   compiled Apr  4 2012, 19:58:49

Copyright (C) 2012 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people; see the NOTICE
file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

Eclipse:

  Version:	3,7
  Last Modified:	16.02.2012 20:30
  Kind:	Intel
  64-Bit (Intel):	Yes
  App Store:	No
  Get Info String:	Eclipse 3.7 for Mac OS X, Copyright IBM Corp. and others 2002, 2011. All
rights reserved.
  Location:	/Applications/eclipse/Eclipse.app

Subclipse Plugin from http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.8.x

WORKS FINE:
svn, version 1.6.17 (r1128011)
   compiled Feb  1 2012, 15:04:34

Copyright (C) 2000-2009 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

  SVNKit Client Adapter (Not required)	1.6.15	org.tigris.subversion.clientadapter.svnkit.feature.feature.group
tigris.org
  SVNKit Library	1.3.5.7406	org.tmatesoft.svnkit.feature.group	TMate Software