subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Marriott, Arthur" <Arthur.Marri...@uc4.com>
Subject RE: moved repository
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:39:04 GMT
Thanks, Nico....that indeed turn out to be one of our problems.

The other was that the repository used a custom pre-commit hook script that was originally
written for the Korn shell, which wasn't installed on the new server.

Thanks again for the help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia [mailto:nkadel@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:49 AM
To: Marriott, Arthur
Cc: Talkov, Roger; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: moved repository

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Marriott, Arthur <Arthur.Marriott@uc4.com> wrote:
> Actually, since the incumbent platform was already doing nightly backups using "svnadmin
dump", we created fresh repositories on the new machine and incorporated the data using "svnadmin
load".  Admittedly there may have been a problem there--on several of the larger repositories,
it was necessary to use the "--bypass-prop-validation" argument.  However, on our first "trial
run" with this several months ago, the result seemed to work fine.

Then you didn't get the same file permissions and didn't import any modified pre-commit, post-commit,
or other such scripts. I suspect the file permissions, especially if you did the "svnadmin
load" as a root user and didn't set "apache" write permissions for the repository itself.
Do some "ls --al" checks of the permissions on your old repo, and review the Apache configurations
or svnserve or svn+ssh settings, however you provide access.

This email (including any attachments) may contain information which is privileged, confidential,
or protected. If you are not the intended recipient, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the contents of this message and attached files is prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email and any attached files.