subversion-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject If our SVN server is 1.6.12, why don't I see older merge history on elements merged from branch to trunk?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:38:58 GMT
It appears that our SVN on our server was recently upgraded from a version before merge history
tracking was implemented, to version 1.6.x, where merge history should be available.

However, I checked the SVN history for an element that I made changes to on a branch, and
I looked at that same element after it was merged (by someone else) to the trunk.  My changes
are in that file, but the SVN history doesn't include the checkin that I did.  Is this simply
happening because of how the merge to trunk was done?  Is there a particular way that merges
have to be done to preserve merge history?