subversion-users mailing list archives

From Santanu3 G <santanu...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Query on Subversion
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:14:59 GMT
Thanks a lot

With Regards,
Santanu Ghosh
Tata Consultancy Services
Ph:- +91-33-6636-8550
Mailto: santanu3.g@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty. IT Services
Business Solutions
Outsourcing

-----vishwajeet singh wrote: -----
To: Santanu3 G <santanu3.g@tcs.com>
From: vishwajeet singh <dextrous85@gmail.com>
Date: 07/23/2012 04:28PM
cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query on Subversion

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Santanu3 G <santanu3.g@tcs.com> wrote:

Hi,
    I need to install subversion as a Network Repository on a Windows 2008 server.  I have
the following queries

i)  Does Subversion have separate versions for separate operating systems (unix, windows,
linux) ?

Version is same , binaries differ based on OS

ii) Which version will be suitable in my case ?

If you are starting fresh go for latest version which 1.7.x

iii) Do I need to install any other software like Apache ?  OR will it function OK with IIS
?

You would need to go for Apache, someone tried to make Subversion work over IIS I am not sure
if that worked out well.
iv) Any other advice that you think will be relevant .

Read the docs and doing some searching helps as well and revert to list in case of any further
questions.

With Regards,
Santanu Ghosh
Tata Consultancy Services