subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade 1.5.4 to 1.7.5
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 09:42:07 GMT
On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 10:20:12AM +0100, Mat Booth wrote:
> Maybe try our ready-built binaries for SuSe:
> http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download#suse

Mat, this list is a support channel of the Apache Subversion project,
not a Wandisco support channel. So it is more appropriate to link to
the Apache Subversion project's official page for binary packages,
which is: http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html

For Suse in particular there are up-to-date packages provided by the
Suse package maintainers themselves, via the OpenSUSE buildservice.
I'm not saying these binaries were any better than Wandisco's for any
particular purpose. But linking to the full list of available packages
gives people more options and provides equal visibility to all packaging
efforts. Please consider this. Thanks!