subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Reintegrate Branch and mergeinfo
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 18:23:27 GMT
On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 03:39:24PM +0000, William Soula wrote:
> I just joined this list a few minutes ago so hopefully replies to the list will get to
me, without needing to cc me.  When we branch we change the groupID and some other values
in the poms of our modules.  When we merge back we have to be extremely careful not to merge
the pom changes back to trunk.  I would like to somehow have the merge ignore the commit that
changed the pom values.  I thought using --record-only would be the solution to my problem
but it doesn't appear to be working the way I expect.  Below are the commands I am running.

> Workflow:
> Svn commit -m 'Update poms to reflect new groupId.' ${working.copy}
> Svn update
> Svnversion -> and save in property "rev"
> Svn co ${project.base.url}/${source.id} ${trunk}
> Cd ${trunk}
> Svn merge -c ${rev} --record-only ${branch.url}
> Svn commit -m 'commit a record-only merge of ${rev} so trunk will never get the pom/project
value changes'

> In this case ${rev} was equal to 67615.  If I run the following command I get a list
of 67617, 67623, and 67624 which are my actual code changes:
> Svn mergeinfo -show-revs eligible [branch URL] [trunk URL]
>
> After this I go to my local trunk copy and do an update.  Then if I run this command:
> Svn merge --reintegrate [branch URL]
> I get the pom changes I don't want

Yeah, that won't work unfortunately, due to the way the reintegrate
merge constructs the changeset to be merged.

Since you have the pom changes cleanly isolated in separate commits,
have you considered reverse-merging them after running the reintegrate
merge? Something like this might work:

 svn merge --reintegrate [branch URL]
 svn merge -c -67615 [branch URL]
 svn commit