subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Chapman <dcchap...@acm.org>
Subject Re: SVNSYNC Error
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 04:29:14 GMT
On 7/31/2012 9:13 PM, Honeylyn O. Fukuoka wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the past response.
> Can you tell me what changes do I have to make in the
> prerevprop-change hook?
> I tried some but nothing happened.

I created a pre-revprop-change script with the single line "exit 0" in
it and put it into the hooks directory of the destination repository
(not the original repository).  Worked fine on Windows. Most of the
issues that arise from allowing revision property changes are
security-oriented; if you want to prevent some (or most) users from
changing revision properties then your script must guard against it.
But if you are just creating a repository backup that no one else will
use unless the original crashes irretrievably, you don't need anything more.

--
     David Chapman      dcchapman@acm.org
     Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA