subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Chapman <dcchap...@acm.org>
Subject Re: SVNSYNC Error
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 06:36:56 GMT
On 7/31/2012 11:16 PM, Honeylyn O. Fukuoka wrote:
> Hi,
> The repositories and the destination repositories are all running on
> windows.
> Im not really an expert on batch files/shell script
> development...That's why Im asking for your help :(
> I just followed what I was told to do here but I don't want to mess
> things up.

Here are the commands I ran on a Windows machine to synchronize from a
remote repository:

svnadmin create c:\user\work\repos
cd c:\user\work\repos\hooks
echo exit 0 > pre-revprop-change.bat
svnsync initialize file:///user/work/repos
http://repos.sourcedomain.com/repos
svnsync sync file:///user/work/repos

This ran just fine with SVN 1.6.  Can you run something similar on your
Windows machine and let us know what results you get?  Run the steps in
a new directory, not in the repository you just created. Note that the
source repository in my example is served by Apache, so it uses a
"http:" prefix. You would want to use a "svn:" prefix if you are using
svnserve access, as was implied by your original message.

Note that the destination repository is being accessed using the "file:"
protocol.  The repository I created was not meant to be accessed by
other users; it is intended only to serve as a backup. If you are trying
to set up a write-through proxy then you will need something like
svnserve or Apache HTTP on the destination repository.

Also, depending on your repository directory names, you may need to use
quote marks around arguments.  I recommend avoiding space characters in
your directory names for this test.

--
     David Chapman      dcchapman@acm.org
     Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA