subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: svn output wrong character when set no-unicode in windows7
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:11:27 GMT
Guten Tag Justin Wu,
am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2012 um 16:31 schrieben Sie:

> My windows 7 is English version.
> (1) installed SlikSvn-1.7.6-x64, and it output perfectly(see attached picture)
> (2) change current system Locale to Chinese for no-unicode program.(see attached picture)
> (3) svn now output wrong character (it is not English, and also it
> is not Chinese), see attached picture

And what is your expected behavior? I may be wrong but in my opinion
changing the region and language settings of Windows doesn't
automatically change font and encoding of the console and CP-850 is
not compatible with chinese characters.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/379240/is-there-a-windows-command-shell-that-will-display-unicode-characters
http://illegalargumentexception.blogspot.de/2009/04/i18n-unicode-at-windows-command-prompt.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,