subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: How to tell if I am using HTTPv2?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 12:37:22 GMT
If it ever issues a POST request, then it's HTTPv2.  (In 1.7 HTTPv2 uses
POSTs for commit, only.)

There are other ways to tell (without needing to commit), but I don't
know them off the top of my head.  Maybe notes/http-and-webdav/ (in
trunk) has the information?

Q. Chap wrote on Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 20:39:50 +0200:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently upgraded my svn client to 1.7.  I'm not sure which version the server
is. It's not reported in the http headers.

> I guess it does not matter what the exact server version is, but how can I verify if
my client and the server are communicating via HTTPv2 or the older http based protocol?