subversion-users mailing list archives

From "cz02@cdak.net" <c...@cdak.net>
Subject SVN patch IGNORES file without newline at end of file
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:22:51 GMT
Please verify this bug report:

I have two identical files aaa.txt and bbb.txt except that aaa.txt has
no "newline at end of file".

When applying a patch (created with svn diff > p.patch) my modifications
for aaa.txt are simply ignored with no error or warning!

> svn patch p.patch
U         bbb.txt

If I remove the line "\ No newline at end of file" from the patch file
and apply it again (after reverting), everything works as expected:

> svn patch p2.patch
U         aaa.txt
U         bbb.txt

To reproduce simply create an empty repository and add aaa.txt and
bbb.txt then try to apply the patches.
Sample files attached.

OS: Windows 7 sp1
svn, version 1.7.7 (r1393599) - by SilkSVN
    compiled Oct  8 2012, 10:42:55

thanks,
Christian Zangl