subversion-users mailing list archives

From BRM <bm_witn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tagging svn:externals
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:42:10 GMT

While I do agree, I think the simple solution is to generally just use tagged externals to
start with, and then switch them to trunk or a branch when you need to work on them from that
project.
Not only does it solve the above, but it also enforces a discipline in how projects are updated
to use newer versions of the tags; it also requires developers to be aware of which externals
affect which projects - which, IMHO, is a good thing.

$0.02

Ben