subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joshua Root <...@macports.org>
Subject Working copy permissions changed by keyword substitution
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:23:57 GMT
This seems like a bug to me, so I'm running it by the list as requested
on the web site.

My umask is 006, but I have changed the permissions on one of my svn
working copies so that it is world readable. Whenever I commit a file
that has property 'svn:keywords Id' and contains an Id line, the
permissions are changed back to the new file default as per the umask.
Committing files without svn:keywords leaves the permissions the way I
set them.

I'm trying to make a repro script, but keyword expansion doesn't seem to
be working right in the context of repro-template.sh. I've added this
where it said "This is where your reproduction recipe goes":

umask 006
chmod a+r iota
${SVN} propset svn:keywords Id iota
echo "# $Id$" >> iota
ls -l iota
${SVN} ci -m "Add Id" iota
ls -l iota

The "# $Id$" line changes into "# $", and what's worse, the permissions
don't change.

Please Cc me on replies.

Cheers,
Josh

Mime
View raw message