subversion-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Root <...@macports.org>
Subject Re: Working copy permissions changed by keyword substitution
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 04:48:44 GMT
On 2013-2-23 05:30 , Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> You need to use '' not "" to escape the $.  (see sh(1) man page)

Argh, I knew that, but it just didn't register. Thanks.

> As to your actual problem: I expect the permissions will be reset every
> time an update or switch changes the file, even if it doesn't have
> svn:keywords set.  Is it so?

No, only files in which keyword substitution happens have their
permissions changed. (I've only actually tested with Id since that's all
my normal workflow uses.)

Full, working repro script attached. I'm on OS X 10.7.5 using svn 1.7.8 BTW.

- Josh
(Please Cc me on replies.)