subversion-users mailing list archives

From "C. Michael Pilato" <cmpil...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Possible bug using svn:external with specific revision for directory that has been renamed
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:45:08 GMT
On 02/28/2013 03:36 PM, Jeffrey Pierson wrote:
> I'm seeing the following error when I attempt to update a working copy
> that has an svn external.
>
> svn: warning: W200000: Error handling externals definition for
> 'MySharedProjectBeforeRename':
> svn: warning: W160013: File not found: revision 100, path
> '/trunk/MySharedProjectBeforeRename'
> svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions
>
> The external is set to a specific revision such as revision r100 and a
> rename was recently done on that directory as part of revision r101.
> The external references a project that is located in a separate
> repository on the same server and has always worked until after the
> rename. It appears as though when svnserve is resolving the path that
> it is resolving first from HEAD even though a specific revision was
> specified. below is an example of what the external definition looks
> like followed by both the versions of svn client and svnserve that I'm
> running.
>
> -r 100 /shared/trunk/MySharedProjectBeforeRename MySharedProjectBeforeRename

You've accurately determined how Subversion is processing your externals
definition.  But it appears you aren't familiar with the general way in
which Subversion processes URLs/paths and revisions.

I suggest that you first read this:

   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.pegrevs.html

Then, change your external definition to instead be:

   /shared/trunk/MySharedProjectBeforeRename@100 MySharedProjectBeforeRename

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net>
CollabNet   <>   www.collab.net   <>   Enterprise Cloud Development