subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feasiblility question
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 19:54:46 GMT
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Dermot <paikkos@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You can simply put a bunch of repos under the top level served by http
>> or svn and it appears pretty seamless except for when you have to
>> create a new one.    But, since binary diffs aren't very useful anyway
>> and that migh have scaling issues,  I think I'd just try to use a
>> de-duping filesystem like zfs and store as many copies as ...
>
> The requirement is more about trackabiliy; knowing where in the workflow the
> binary file is. I don't think anyone is expecting to use diffs but the
> history would be key.

In that respect it would work as long as as you commit each operation
- you do get the log message tied atomically to the change and it
would  be a relatively cheap operation to copy things around to
different paths to represent their states.   But, there are probably
other workflow-control tools that can manage files without making it
completely impossible to administratively delete them.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com