subversion-users mailing list archives

From Aviel, Gal <galav...@yahoo.com>
Subject Feature Request: upon checkout create files as different group : svn:group property
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:14:40 GMT
Hi Everybody,

We used a shared drive for our working copies that allot of people can see.

In order to enhance security we created a Unix group that only a few people are
members of.

It would be very helpful if subversion had a 'svn:group' that when present, then
upon checkout, all files will be created with group ownership as dictated by the
value of the svn:group property.

This identical to doing normal checkout then using the 'chgrp' command, but
obviously much much more convenient and robust.

If possible, also add 'svn:group-recur' that will make the 'chgrp' recursive
meaning 2 variants of this property: recursive and non-recursive.

any ideas and thoughts are most appreciated !

Thanks, Gal.