subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Base revision on a svn: external from a pre-commit hook script
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:29:28 GMT
Ryan Schmidt wrote on Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 05:48:02 -0500:

> On Mar 21, 2013, at 18:27, luis montes wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to know the base revision on a svn: external from a pre-commit hook
script? If the external changes with the current transaction I figured I could possibly parse
the svnlook diff output, but what if it does not change with the current transaction? I understand
that information is kept on the client, so does the client send it to the server? For each
external?

> I don't believe the client sends that information to the server.

Correct.  The server is only concerned with the value of the
svn:externals property, the semantics of that property are oblivious
to the server.

Also, it's good practice to describe what you're trying to achieve at
a high-level, not only the particular solution you have in mind right
now.  http://s.apache.org/xy-problem