subversion-users mailing list archives

From "C. Michael Pilato" <cmpil...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Need to restructure repo folders: Problem: SVN COPY is recursive
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:24:09 GMT
On 03/15/2013 04:07 PM, Tim.Williams@ucb.com wrote:
> I am not very good at giving examples on a Friday afternoon, admittedly.  I will try
again.

> Original Folders
> \Barn\livestockNames.txt
> \Barn\chickens\chickenNames.txt
> \Barn\chickens\food\chickenFeed.txt
>
> New Structure I want:
> \NewBarn\livestockNames.txt
> \NewBarn\birds\chickenNames.txt
> \NewBarn\birds\chickenFeed.txt
>
> If I use SVN COPY to copy chickenNames.txt to the new folder:
>
> svn copy \Barn\chickens\  \NewBarn\birds\
>
> I will get:
> \NewBarn\birds\food\chickenFeed.txt
>
> and I don’t want that folder called \food and its content.
>
> Ugh. This is another bad analogy. It is much more complicated because I have MANY files
in each folder remapped to many different folders and subfolders, which is why I had hoped
to use a non-recursive way to getting just the folder contents and not subfolders.

> I will look into svnmucc.  Thanks for the tip!

Just to be clear:  svnmucc will also do recursive copies.  The benefit it
brings is the ability to do several remote commit-ish operations in a single
revision (where 'svn' can only do a single thing -- or at least a single
type of thing -- at a time).

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net>
CollabNet   <>   www.collab.net   <>   Enterprise Cloud Development