subversion-users mailing list archives

From Sven Uhlig <svenuh...@web.de>
Subject Re: Need to restructure repo folders: Problem: SVN COPY is recursive
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:41:15 GMT
Am 15.03.2013 21:30, schrieb Tim.Williams@ucb.com:
> Yes, it appears I am headed toward a wrapper script to copy one file at a time.  I wanted
to make sure I was not missing something in SVN that would make it easier (a non-recursive
copy, or something in svnmucc where I could copy a bunch a files and commit them all in a
single new revision, for example).

> It appears that I am stuck creating a new revision for every single file I need to move.
 This will make the SVN Log history long and boring, but it appears there is not much else
that can be done if my users want to retain the development history. Otherwise I would just
SVN export it, remap it in a work area and commit it all in "one big go."

I dont think you have to create a new revision for each single file.

Just do svn copy and then do a svn delete for all files that you dont
want to have copied.

e.g.

svn copy /foo/bar /new
svn delete /new/bar/baz