subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: compile just svnversion (in addition to the eclipse-plugin)
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:09:21 GMT
Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> writes:

> Arno Steffens wrote on Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 23:04:22 +0100:
>
>> I use SVN inside eclipse, but this seems not to provide the
>> "svnversion" functionality I need to make sure that my compiled code
>> is identically to the checked in (with or without added M to
>> version)

Use "svn status" instead?

>> Unfortunatly the svnpackage for my old Ubuntu isn't compatible to the
>> newer required 1.7SVN with comes with eclipse. So I can't use this
>> .
>>
>> Can someone give me a hint? Thanks!
>>

> As already suggested: you might consider looking for other packages (or
> backports) before compiling it yourself.

Getting another package is probably an easier solution, however...

The Subversion libraries are binary compatible so the binary from the
standard Ubuntu package should work with the libraries from the Eclipse
package.  Extract the binary and put it somewhere on your PATH.  Ubuntu
changes the so-version of the libsvn libraries, if the Eclipse package
doesn't do the same you would need to create some library symlinks as
well.

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download