subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Niemann, Hartmut" <hartmut.niem...@siemens.com>
Subject restoring a working copy from backup: can the pristine directory be recreated?
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:21:01 GMT
Hello!

If I backup a working copy, the .svn folder and especially the pristine directory there, where
subversion stores the base version of each file, takes lots of space.

I used to exclude the .svn directory from this backup, but now I had to restore my hard drive
with all its working data and found it annoying to have to recreate every working copy.

If subversion could retrieve a broken or missing pristine file, which it can't now in tortoise
SVN 1.7.11, it would be sufficient to backup the files in the .svn directory, which would
save almost half the space.

Is there any way to repair/refresh a pristine directory in subversion? Or is a fresh checkout
the only option?

With best regards

Hartmut