subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Krey <a.k...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: History in subversion
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 18:13:17 GMT
On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:55:11 +0000, Andrew Reedick wrote:
> Back in my day, CC snapshot views were terrible/horrible/nearly_unusable.  SVN workspaces
are simply great.  I doubt your users will complain once they start using them.

There is one thing that potentially can cause a *lot* of pain: In Clearcase
the views are always visible at the same path, no matter which
branch/config spec result you're looking on. The software stored in there
can accumulate a lot of reliance on these absolute paths over time, and
they are hard to find during the migration.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>