We are on SVN 1.7.6.

Trunk is empty because this is/was a new development effort. The code was directly imported into the developer's branch.

I ran these two commans in the working copy and get the messages you mentioned. What does that mean?

c:\Temp\DEV_WC>svn merge --dry-run --revision 1190:1233
c:\Temp\DEV_WC>svn status
 M      .
!     C MMI
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
!     C graphics
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
!     C hpu
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
!     C ini
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
!     C misc.backups
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
A  +    mtl
A  +    sysconfig
!     C sysctrl
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
!     C txt
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
!     C util_panel
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
Summary of conflicts:
  Tree conflicts: 8

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Andrew Reedick <Andrew.Reedick@cbeyond.net> wrote:

> [...]

What kind of tree conflicts are they?  'svn status' should provide more detail.  Also, what version of svn are you using?  1.6? 1.7?

Why is trunk empty?  Because you deleted trunk after the branch was created? (i.e. create branch, delete trunk/*, merge from branch.)

I get the vague feeling that you have 'incoming add after delete'(?) type messages on the directory conflicts.