subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: Windows junctions are not supported in Subversion 1.8.0 anymore
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:13:18 GMT
Guten Tag Ivan Zhakov,
am Donnerstag, 25. Juli 2013 um 12:04 schrieben Sie:

> Reading symbolic links on Windows Vista and later is implemented on
> trunk in r1501251 [1]:

I hope this will work with junctions, too, as from my understanding
both are technically different, but even MSDN often just refers to
"symbolic links", but mentions reparse points later on, which implied
Junctions when "true" symbolic links didn't exist in NTFS yet.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363878(v=vs.85).aspx

> Maybe it worth to backport this change to 1.8.x to fix reported issue?

Definitely +1 from me or maybe consider restoring the old behavior
were Subversion didn't care about Junctions at all, but simply worked.
Does Subversion store absolute paths to working copies inside the
working copy or why should it care to resolve junctions(/links) in new
versions?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--