subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Reedick <Andrew.Reed...@cbeyond.net>
Subject 1.8 commit failed - nothing in the error logs
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 16:18:46 GMT
I just had a commit fail midway on three different 1.8 clients without any kind of error logged
in the output, in the client's Event Viewer (Win7,) or on the repo server's httpd logs (linux.)
 No dump file either.  Starting with a fresh checkout made no difference.  There's no pre-commit
hook.  I have used 1.8 to do merges and commits previously.

The commit did work with a 1.7.9 client (collabnet on win7 in a fresh workspace.)

1.  Does anyone have any more ideas on where I can check for additional error logging?  (on
Win7, Cygwin clients, and Apache on a linux repo server.)
2.  Has anyone seen this behavior before in 1.8?  My google-fu found nothing.

This was with three clients, "svn, version 1.8.0 (r1490375)" for all three:  Cygwin svn client,
TortoiseSVN, and CollabNet's client in a CMD window.  Server is at 1.6.18 (r1303927) (CollabNet)
over https.

I was adding a vendor branch manually:
1. svn copy ^/branches/build-pipeline-plugin-3.3 build-pipeline-plugin-1.3.4.1
2. cd build-pipeline-plugin-1.3.4.1
3. rm -rf; rm -rf .*   (OS delete)
4. Extract the build-pipeline-plugin-1.3.4.1.tar.gz into the now empty dir
5. svn status | grep '^?' | sed 's/^?//' | xargs svn add   (To add any new files.)
6. svn status | grep '^!' | sed 's/^!//' | xargs svn rm    (To delete any removed files.)
7. svn ci -m 'Added 1.3.4.1 from https://github.com/jenkinsci/build-pipeline-plugin/releases/build-pipeline-plugin-1.3.4.1'
 (or use TortoiseSVN's "SVN Commit")

After each failed commit, 'svn cleanup' was required since everything was still locked.

On both the cygwin client and collabnet windows client, the check-in just stopped midway at
the same point without any message.  The exit code was set to 1 however.
	$ svn ci -m 'Added 1.3.4.1 from https://github.com/jenkinsci/build-pipeline-plugin/releases/build-pipeline-plugin-1.3.4.1'
	Adding         .
	Deleting       .hgignore
	Deleting       .hgtags
	Deleting       .pmd
	Adding         README.md
	Sending        pom.xml
	Sending        src/main/groovy/au/com/centrumsystems/hudson/plugin/buildpipeline/BuildJSONBuilder.groovy
	Sending        src/main/groovy/au/com/centrumsystems/hudson/plugin/buildpipeline/ProjectJSONBuilder.groovy
	Sending        src/main/java/au/com/centrumsystems/hudson/plugin/buildpipeline/BuildForm.java
	Adding         src/main/java/au/com/centrumsystems/hudson/plugin/buildpipeline/BuildGrid.java

	$

The TortoiseSVN client did create an error report, but I think it just means that TortoiseSVN
is blocked (firewalled) from connecting to its error reporting server.  Plus the 1.7 client
commit worked, and I have used the cygwin 1.8 client to do merges and commits previously,
so it "can't" be a permissions issue.
	SendRpt: Error
	Error 403 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server[no subcode]
	"HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"
	Detail: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

	HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

	HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden