subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Remote SVN Repositories
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:52:10 GMT

On Jul 17, 2013, at 17:34, Stephen Gorin wrote:

> I need to access the Subversion repositories of two software vendors. Because of firewall
issues they cannot "push" their changes to us, rather we have to access their repositories
and "pull" the latest code from their sites.

"push" and "pull" are not words used in Subversion parlance.

Subversion repositories are available via URLs. The administrator of the repository will need
to tell you what the URL is, and will need to open up access through their firewall for it.
Then you access that URL with your svn client.