Bert,

I would be happy to provide debugging information, but as I said, I had to rollback to 1.7.10.

If I ran it interactively, authentication just didn't go through, so it looked like the username or password is incorrect.
After I reverted back to 1.7.10  everything works as expected.

svnsync is called from a hook on the master server :

#!/bin/ksh
REPOS=`basename $1`
TMPFILE=/var/tmp/svnsync.$$
/usr/bin/svnsync sync --non-interactive --quiet \
--sync-username svnsync http://example.com/reposync/${REPOS} > $TMPFILE 2>&1
if [[ $? -ne 0 && -s $TMPFILE ]] ; then
  mail -s "svnsync failed" root < $TMPFILE
fi
rm -f $TMPFILE
exit 0

Slave server is properly initialized:

sudo -u apache svn pg  svn:sync-from-url --revprop -r 0  --username svnsync http://example.com/reposync/repo1

http://example.com/svn/repo1

I was receiving errors like this in e-mail:

svnsync: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://example.com/reposync/repo1'
svnsync: E175002: OPTIONS of 'http://example.com/reposync/repo1': could not connect to server (http://example.com)

or this

svnsync: E175002: PROPFIND of '/reposync/repo2/!svn/rev/0': could not connect to server (http://example.com)

Regards,
Vadym

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> [...]

        Hi,

I expected a problem related to some recent fixes in serf that should be
available in the next release, but one of the serf developers ensured me
that it was not this problem.

<@lgo> Bert: serf 1.2.1 fixed an issue with htdigest, no server
authentication issues are known.
<@lgo> I have no problem syncing a repository on a server using digest
either
<@lgo> that is, from a repository over ra_serf with digest authn to
ra_local.
<@lgo> The thread on users doesn't contain a lot of info, and I'm not
subscribed to users. So if you can get some more info about his setup, exact
error message, whether that's directly or after a while ... I will look into
it further.

So I would repeat Ryan's request. Can you show us what goes wrong (with what
error) and how we can reproduce this problem?

It is quite interesting to know if this happens directly at the start or
after a huge chunk of work was completed.

        Bert