subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Feature Req: sorthand urls for branches/tags in CLI
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:55:03 GMT
On 23.08.2013 21:34, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Branko Čibej wrote on Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 16:37:47 +0200:
>>   * svn mkdir --branch
>>     Creates a new directory with the svn:branch property set, with an
>>     empty value
>>     Example: svn mkdir --branch http://host/repo/trunk
> 'svn list-branches' would work how?

About the same as "svn mergeinfo"? Or how about a variant on "svn
status" that also looks for that prperty? Frankly, I find this problem
infinitesimally small compared to the ones I mentioned in connection
with the proposal given in this thread.

Indexing based on the presence and/or value of a property is a somewhat
orthogonal feature, IMO, but there's been a lot of interest about that
as well (e.g., what did user X commit? sure, you can filter 'svn log'
but that's kinda slow). If/when it appears, "svn list-branches" could
use it. Until it does, we already more than one command that crawls the
whole working copy or repository tree. This one is no different.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco // Non-Stop Data